Below is general information to assist you in making your participation in our Festival of Music program a fun and enjoyable one. Should you ever have any questions, please do not hestiate to contact a festival staff member at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are three simple steps to participate in the Kings Dominion Festival of Music program!
- Register your group through our online registration system
- Order your admission and meal tickets for the date of your visit
- Enjoy your day at Kings Dominion and perform in front of nationally known adjudicators
We have developed a general information guide for Directors to assist you with all of the information you will need to know during your performance and visit to Kings Dominion.
Top Reasons to attend the Festival of Music at Kings Dominion
- GREAT VALUE
- Admission to Kings Dominion’s Festival of Music is very competitively priced and in many cases less expensive than other regional theme park music events.
- MORE TIME TO PLAY IN PARK
- All groups will perform on-site in one of Kings Dominion’s indoor theatres, allowing your students more time to play in the park and less travel for your group.
- INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN COMPOSERS
- Instrumental adjudication panels now include internationally known composers and conductors, like Jim Curnow and Samuel Hazo, that will provide positive feedback of your performance. A list of adjudicators can be found on our website.
- POSITIVE CRITIQUE AND FEEDBACK
- All performance groups have the ability to perform for a festival rating or comments only. Awards are given to any group who receive a superior or excellent rating.
- EXPANDED DATES
- Festival of Music has 14 dates for groups to choose from! Dates do fill quickly, so please register online early to ensure your desired date and time.
- A $100.00 registration fee is due for each performing group and does not count toward your ticket order.
- Registration fees are non-refundable/non-transferable and must be received prior to receiving a scheduled performance time.
- All group registrations are done via our online registration system, located on the registration page.
- Credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover) or school checks are accepted for payment.
- If paying by check, the registration system will hold your performance time for three (3) weeks pending payment. If we do not receive payment within three (3) weeks, your performance slot will open back up.
- Performances will be scheduled in the order payment is received. Dates do fill quickly, so please register early to ensure your desired date and time.
- Once your registration is complete, you will need to purchase your admission and/or meal ticket for your performance date. Ticket order forms are available on our Tickets page. It is highly encouraged you process your ticket and/or meal orders fourteen (14) days prior to your performance date to alleviate any delays on the day of your visit.
Festival of Music Enhancements
- Instrumental warm up and performances will take place in the Kings Dominion Theatre
- The following percussion equipment will be provided for instrumental performances on-site in the Kings Dominion Theater:
- Yamaha 4 Copper Timpani (TP-6204C)
- Yamaha 40 X 18 Bass Drum (CBT-640BCS7)
- Yamaha Concert Toms (6-8-10-12) (CTS-6802)
- Yamaha Concert Toms (13-14-15-16) (CTS-3456)
- Zildjian 34’’ Gong (Z34TG)
- Yamaha 3.5 Octave Acoustalon Xylophone (YX-500FC)
- Yamaha 2.5 Octave Steel Bells (YB-1210S100)
- Deagan 1.5 Octave Brass Chimes (DC-9150AC)
- Yamaha 3.0 Octave Vibraphone (YV-2700C)
- Yamaha 4.3 Octave Acoustalon Marimba (YM-4300C)
- Yamaha Stage Custom Birch 5 Piece Drum Set
- Choral performances will take place indoor in the newly renovated Action Theatre. Warm up will take place in a covered area directly outside the theatre.
- Click here for a stage diagram of the Action Theatre. Please note that the Action Theatre will hold approximately 133 observers. Please plan your day accordingly. If you have any questions regarding size and spacing please contact our youth coordinator at email@example.com.
- Kings Dominion also provides brand-new Wenger 4-steps choral risers which will accommodate up to 180 students on the risers during performances.
- Each individual entering Kings Dominion will need to present an admission ticket or 2019 season pass to gain entrance to the Festival of Music performance areas and to Kings Dominion.
- All ticket orders (admission and meal) must be pre-paid fourteen (14) days prior to your visit to allow sufficient time to process your order.
- Orders received less than seven (7) days prior to your visit will be held at the Group Sales Building (will call) for pick-up. Season Pass holders do not count toward your group size.
- Admission tickets, meal tickets and bottomless soda wristbands are non-refundable. No rain checks are offered.
- Ticket order payment must be made via school check, money order (payable to “Kings Dominion”) or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover accepted). Personal checks or purchase orders are not accepted.
- Ticket order forms will be available later this fall on our Tickets page.
- Directors must register upon arrival or by 12:00pm noon on the date of their visit. The instrumental registration booth is located in front of the Kings Dominion Theater entrance and the choral registration booth is located in front of the Action Theater. If you anticipate arriving after 12:00pm, please call our Festival of Music Office Coordinator at 804-876-5533.
- Please do not dismiss your students and chaperones until after check-in. Warm-up and performance times could change due to last minute cancellations. Performance dates and times are subject to change based on demand. Kings Dominion reserves the right to adjust your performance times, if needed.
- Your performance date must be scheduled the same day as your visit to Kings Dominion.
- Staying overnight? Check out our Preferred Hotel Partners to receive the best rates!